Federation of Maholidaya Self Help Groups
Background of FMSHG:
“From Dependency to Self-Reliance”, to achieve self-reliance, a small savings scheme was introduced in the SHGs to promote thrift and aboves all confidence among the members. To meet the needs of all the members for their development and growth and to help large numbers of poor women to have easy access to credit with minimal procedures FMSHG – was established in the year 1991.
Goal of FMSHG:
Economic self-reliance of SHG members through micro credit for productive purposes.
- To enable regular and systematic savings, and enable SHG members to practice thrift.
- To provide financial assistance to members groups/individuals to borrow with dignity and avoid exploitation.
- To help SHGs by providing refundable financial assistance for Income Generation and other schemes and enable them to become entrepreneurs and grow in self-esteem.
- To provide awareness to SHGs on different socio economic developmental activities.
- To give training to the board members of FMSHG on relevant topics like resource management, book keeping.
Loans are distributed for Income Generation and developmental activities such as Agricultural needs, milch cows, sheep rearing, piggery, poultry, petty shops, vegetable, vending, auto-rickshaws, education and marriages of children and domestic. For better and transparent maintenance of accounts, team 4 internal auditors of ODP conduct audit.