• Regular meetings for men / women groups and CC were held with discussions on various developmental
works for their villages.
• 116 inputs were given on various topics
• 118 members attended Gramasabhas organized by the GPs at Martalli and discussions were held on MGNREGA, job cards, Solar Street lights, drainage works and release of funds for toilet construction.
• 200 women and 50 men participated in Total Sanitation rally at Bisalawadi organized by the Zilla
• More people are now participating in village development meetings – like SDMC meetings; Anganawadi
meetings; mothers meetings; gram sabhas; ward sabhas.
Government facilities / schemes mobilised:
• People have mobilized a number of Government schemes / facilities like – subsidy for animal
husbandry, SGSY loans for IGPs, borewells under Ganagakalyana Yojane, agricultural inputs (seeds,
manure, implements, sprayers, etc.)
• 380 SHG members at Martalli, Kamagere, Kodi Ugane and Bisalvadi availed work for 186 days under
SHG members and staff of Jennur made efforts
and had discussion with President of Ambedkar Nigam
and succeeded in getting 100,000/- as compensation
to the family members of Mr. Mahadeva who had died
in a road accident.
534 members benefitted from Health checkup
camps and eye camps at various villages, organized
by the Health department
Cattle health camps were organized by the
milk dairy and 85 cows, 48 sheep and 65 goats were
treated for mouth and foot disease.
• SHG members are visiting the horticulture and forest departments, and RSK to get horticulture seedlings,
forestry plants and vegetable seeds for kitchen garden and to get information on the availability of
Government schemes/ activities on cultivation
• At Martalli, Kamagere and Otterthotti, 25 SHG
members availed 6760 saplings from the Forest
and Horticulture departments (500 Pongamia,
500 Gliricedia, 500 Neem, 500 Cassiacemia,
2900 Teak, 1800 Silver oak, 30 Mango and 30
Outcome of projects:
• The trees planted at the beginning of the project
have started giving yield (sapota and mango). The
family members are using these fruits and excess
are sold in the local market. The saplings survival rate is 55-60%
• More than 100 farmers took silt from Doddakere at Jennur village and applied it in their farms.
28 members (staff and farmers) from Cristha
Saranam Organization from Chikkamagalur visited
Thomyarpalya village. And had interaction with the
staff and farmers of the area regarding, functioning
of groups, sustainability aspects, implementation of
measures, people’s participation and contribution,
Our watershed projects have provided better
livelihood security and a better quality of life to more
than 10,000 families in drought prone and distressed