The Organisation for the Development of People (ODP) is a growing centre for learning, sharing and knowledge management. ODP is a hub for academicians, institutions and government officers to understand social development perspectives in the context of Women Empowerment, Natural Resource Management, Protection of Children, Alternate Renewable Energy, Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Options, Health, Water, Sanitation and Good Governance, particularly in the rural areas of Karnataka.
- 31 students from various colleges of Karnataka visited ODP for their field / block placement.
- All the students were provided with an orientation on ODP and its various activities, and also regular guidance and inputs for their field work.
- 6 students were from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, St. Philomena College Mysore, JSS autonomous college Mysore. B.R. Ambedkar Degree College, Mysore University, HDD Govt. First Grade college –Hollenarasipura, Central University of Karnataka (Kalaburagi)
- Ms. Divina Thomas and Ms. Danya of St Joseph’s college Pilathara, Kannur, Kerala district successfully completed their field placement and volunteer ship for 9 months.
- Two students from Linneaus University, Sweden, studied on Women Empowerment Programme Labour Skills and Labour Market of Women in India andcompleted their volunteer ship for 5 weeks.
- A group of 29 students from FSL – Spain visited Katshur&Dornahalli for a village experience and to understand the cultural change.
- 45 farmers and officials fromSociety for Assistance to Fisherwomen Dept. in Kerala visited ODP to know on the Income Generating Activities of women in the SHGs.
- 44 Students from St Aloysius College, Mangalore, visited ODP and gained knowledge on the entire Programs and projects of the organization.
- AVG group from Germany (11 students and 3 teachers) visited ODP to get an orientation about ODPs programs and projects
- 2 Sociology students from Linneaus University, Sweden, were here for 5 weeks for their study on Women Empowerment Programme WEP, Labour Skills and Labour Market of Women in India.
- 30 members from ORBIT-Gulburgaand Sisters from Karnataka DomesticSociety- Belgaum, N.F & C.E Raichurvisited ODP to know about Women Empowerment Program (WEP).
- Anil and his team – Gulburgavisited ODP to know about ODP network with beneficiary within the Organisation Frame work
- ODP is supporting Mr. Joyson Pereira of Siddapura village, Kodagu district for taking UPSC exams. He will be writing his prelims in June 2019.