To reduce pressure on ecology, to increase soil fertility and food productivity and to prevent degradation and destruction of natural resources through promotion of Alternate Renewable Energy (ARE) resources like cooking medium and organic manure, etc.
- To provide awareness to our people’s group on various environmental issues and build up their capacity for the use/ management of renewable natural energy system.
- Motivate people to construct Biogas plants, Chulaas in order to save trees and reduce drudgery of women and children.
- Promote lanterns so as to save precious electricity and improve lighting in homes.
- Enable people to convert locally available organic waste into productive energy.
- 7643 families have reduced use of wood fuel for cooking and are saving green coverage by constructing small and big fuel efficient chulaas.
The ARE systems promoted by ODP are – more than 1600 Biogas plants, more than 5000 Smoke less & Fuel Efficient Chulaas, 1500 Solar Home Lights, 3500 Lanterns, and 65 Solar Street lights benefiting more than 11,665 direct beneficiaries.
Bio gas constructed from ODP in Goruru and Kalavadi village of Srirampura Panchayath of Mysuru Taluk and district. The average family size of all these families is 5 members. 2 cubic meter of plants are constructed in KVIC model. The gas produced in these plants is sufficient to cook food for 7 days per day.