Good Governance Program
· Promotes community confidence
· Encourages elected members and council officers to be confident
· Leads to better decisions
· Helps local government meet its legislative responsibilities
· Supports ethical decision making.
· In the 2015 elections 84 EWRs are presidents and 72 EWRs are vice presidents of the GPs where they contested.
· 52 Women Leadership Workshops (WLWs) were conducted for 3648 EWRs from 424 GPs
· 47 WLW follow up workshops were held in 19 Taluks for 1511 EWRs from 353 GPs
· A resource team of 18 members was formed, trained and used for trainings
· 154 trainings were held on “Panchayati Raj Rules” for 5606 women members of SHGs and the ODP Mahilodaya federation to garner support through their political awareness
· 14 Media workshops were conducted to sensitize 150 journalists.
· 472 EWRs of 84 GPs were trained on the RTI Act
· Need based workshops were conducted in all the terms as per needs like – MGNREGA, RTI Act, DV Act, Women and Law, Awareness on Malnutrition / Nutritious food, etc.